Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2011

11/28/11- Day 2 of Advent- The Prophecy of the Messiah as Son of God


Day 2- 11/28/11- Light the first candle again. Jesus was prophesied to be the Son of God

7 I will proclaim the LORD’s decree: He said to me, “You are my son; today I have become your father.
8 Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.” 10 Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling.
12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry and your way will lead to your destruction, (Psalm 2:7-12)

17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him.”(Luke 9:35)

In the beginning was the Word.  And the Word was with God and the Word was God.  The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. (John 1:1,14)

1 Now Jesus… was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph…the son of Adam, the son of God.” (Luke 3)
(Baptism of Jesus- Albani Francesco 1640)


Thoughts: Psalm 2 speaks of the anointed one as being God’s Son (cf. Ps. 45:6,7).  What is promised is world-wide dominion of the Son of God.  The New Testament confirms this image being imprinted on Jesus of Nazareth.  The voice from the Holy Spirit that came down when the dove (symbolizing the Holy Spirit) rested on Him confirms as much as can be confirmed that God declares the Sonship of Jesus.  The voice also declared his authority (“listen to him”).  So we are called to listen to the Son, following Him.



Prayer: Help me, Lord, to respect you and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment