Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/19/11 John 9:10-12

10 “How then were your eyes opened?” they asked.
11 He replied, “The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see.”
12 “Where is this man?” they asked him.
“I don’t know,” he said.

(Pool of Siloam re-discovered 2004; Photos Biblepalces.com Charles Lee Feiberg)


Thoughts: Three things are important here, and they have to do with how God often works even today.
1) Jesus said to do something that would help; 2) The man obeyed; 3) The actual presence of Christ was unseen.  We do not always see God's presence, but we see God's hand.  Our duty is to listen and obey. 

Prayer;  Help me to hear your voice and obey, O Lord. 

John Calvin Abridged:Isaiah (8:6) said, "They despise the waters of Siloam that flow softly. Jesus was rebuking the Jews for not being able to see the power of God at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment