Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

3/11/10- An Undividied Heart Psalm 86:11-13; Mt 6:33

3/11- Psalm 86:11-13




11 Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. 12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. 13 For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. (Mt. 6:33 KJV)


Thoughts: Peterson says, “There are fifteen petitions in this seventeen verse Psalm: concentration is weakened by the distraction of clamoring needs. Then a single petition weaves all into one prayer: ‘Give me an undivided heart to revere your name.’ As a harpoon has many barbs but only one point, so this prayer has many petitions but a single thrust.”  Today there are many things that keep us worried and busy.  We can easily fill up our senses and lives.  It is important to have purpose and focus in our lives- and the ultimate focus/purpose is an eternal one. 



Prayer: When my soul is scattered with too many requests to ask, then help me to seek first your kingdom and your righteousness. Give me an undivided heart.





(Harpoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment