Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3/3/10 Psalm 27:13,14 Being Confident in our Hope

3/3- Psalm 27:13-14


13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Thoughts: Are you still confident? Is there ever a time when we should not be confident? Scriptures, in general, do not talk about when we should give up- except when Jesus said, “It is finished” on the cross and when Paul said, “I have fought the good fight…” (2 Tim 4:7). The devil will continually ask us, “Are you still putting your confidence in God?” (2 Ki 18:19). The motto on the seal of the state of South Carolina says, “While I breathe I hope” (dum spiro spero). There is a sense in which every breath we take is a sign of God’s goodness. Each moment is to be treasured. In some ways, we need to (as Tim McGraw said in his song) live like we are dying. But while we live, we can put our hope, our trust in the Lord.


Prayer: Thank you for this moment, Lord. You have given it to me, and I will be grateful to you and also trust in you. Lord, use this gift you have given me for your glory, and help me in my time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment