Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

3/30/10- Jesus in Heaven

3/30- John 14:1-6


1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me. 2 My Father's house has plenty of room; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going." 5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" 6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Thoughts: Below is a picture of Van Eyck’s “Adoration of the Lamb.” It is a reminder of Jesus, the Lamb that was slain, being worthy of our attention, our worship, our focus. It is a picture of heaven where the Lamb sits on the throne and we center ourselves on Him. John Calvin used to tell us to meditate on heaven because that lifts our hearts up from the crosses of this earth. This is what Jesus was saying in this passage. “Do not let your hearts be troubled…in my Father’s house there are many mansions (“rooms” in this translation). He has a special place prepared for us, and He is the way to that place. If we believe and trust in Him, following in His path we will have hope along our pilgrim-weary-painful journey. The path leads to peace, so we may have hope and peace now.





Prayer: Worthy are you, O Lord, for you are the Lamb who was slain. You paid for my sins, that I might obtain peace and heaven. Grant me a measure of your peace this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment