Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

3/14/10 Luke 6:39-42 Healing Spiritual Blindness

3/14- 3rd Sunday Luke 6:39-42


39He also told them this parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit? 40A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher. 41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Thoughts: I can remember in 1993 when they told me there was a 50% chance I would not see out of my left eye and maybe both eyes as I had a detached retina. I prayed, “Lord, you who healed the blind, heal my eyes. Take the plank out of my eye that I may see clearly physically and spiritually.” God answered that prayer at least partially. There is always a danger of being blind spiritually as well as physically. It is so easy to be blind to our own faults, and to see the faults of others. I know that when we are sick or weak we tend to be a bit more critical and short, because it takes real energy to be nice and considerate. We need to humble ourselves before God and those helping us, that we might not scare them off with our pride, crassness and crankiness. Sometimes our prayer for physical healing should also involve a prayer for spiritual healing too.

Prayer: Today, Lord, help me to be aware of my own shortcomings, and of my need for you to open my eyes to my weakness and to my need for you.

1 comment:

  1. Soulcare Prayer is a New Zealand-based company that provides high-quality prayer for prayer for spiritual healing services. We understand that despair is a complex and debilitating condition that saps one's desire to live, wreaks havoc on one's wish inside the fate, and pours down on any happy occurrence. For many years, our offerings were available. Anxiety is caused by emotional traumas, which are typically linked to generational changes and overcoming life's problems. Please contact us for more information at +64201112123.

    ReplyDelete