Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3/18/10- Psalm 139:23-24 God Leads us Through

3/18- Psalm 139:23-24


23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.



(Hampton Court Maze)

Thoughts: This verse seems puzzling in the light of the Psalmist’s earlier words about God's knowledge. Yet, after speaking of God’s intimate knowledge- he asks him to search him. He asks him to see things we normally want to hide from the Almighty- anxious thoughts, offensive ways. Yet, the psalmist knows what we all know- we cannot hide from God. So if we can’t hide from Him, then we should ask His help to overcome our faults and weaknesses. Search, test, know me- and then after seeing my anxiety and offensive ways- lead me anyway. A bold prayer, but a prayer that we all must pray. God is the light in the lighthouse- that both shines on us, and points to a better way.

Prayer: Lord, you know me, you know my sickness, my sin, my worry. Take these terrible things away and lead me more fully into your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment