Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3/23- Matthew 11:28-30 Giving up our Heaviness

3/23- Matthew 11:28-30


(Peaceful sailing on Lake Murray, SC)



28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Thoughts: Where do you go when you are weary and heavy laden- when the yoke is too much to bear for you? Jesus invites us into His presence. He tells us He will not greet us harshly or with meanness- but with gentleness, humility, and his ability to give us a peace that passes all understanding. The burdens and the worries of this world are heavy. But the burdens and worries of Jesus are not as heavy as we might think. He lightens the load for us.



Prayer: Lord, you have called us with your gracious invitation to come to you. Help us to respond with gratitude and speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment